Sometimes you need a switch that’s really, truly waterproof. Not just water-resistant or “splash-proof.
And if you want one with carefully manufactured durability and extended temperature operation, well you’ve narrowed down the field even further.
For tough marine or outdoor applications, CPI’s panel mounted, sealed waterproof switches get the nod after that cheap offshore built switch that seemed so great, starts to fail in the field. Why not start with our switch and save yourself the headache?
Basic CPI Pendant Style Waterproof Switch.
The internal switching mechanism here is a snap-action copper sine blade spring with a riveted contact. The standard contact material is silver alloy with gold alloy and gold plated silver contacts available upon request. Our switches are even available in low-medium-high configurations so that you can choose the tactile feel you need.
There are a few things that make CPI switches the go-to switch when you are done messing around with other implementations.
- Electrical Ratings: Nominally 5 amps resistive, 3 amps inductive, higher ratings available upon request.
- Endurance: 100,000 to 1 million cycles, configuration dependent.
- Temperature Range: from -50F to 221F.
- Environment Resistance: Resistant to acids, alkalides, salt spray, sand, dust and fungus. And completely Waterproof.
- Jacket: Thermoplastic Rubber. Material options able to provide extended cold operation (no freeze ups).
- Termination: In terms of connectors, the sky is the limit.
Mounting in CPI Waterproof Switch Panels
Our dual panel mount configuration is a good example of a commonly used stock panel mount configuration. In this panel, the twin switches can be wired in series, parallel, or left as individual circuits as shown below.
Both vertical and horizontal panels are stock but hey, we can make it look like whatever you need, that’s what we do and we do it right here in lovely East Hanover NJ, not on the other side of the planet.
Call CPI for all your Truly Waterproof Switch Panel Needs.
If it’s time to think seriously about your toughest marine or outdoor applications, then we really want to talk to you.
Call CPI today to ask about all our Waterproof Switches. Ask for Mac.
Make The "Switch" to CPI
If your momentary switch application demands high performance, we think you should demand CPI. Please call us today to speak with our engineering team about your needs.