Limit Switch Types
CPI limit switches fall into two broad categories: mechanical and thermal. Our design emphasis is on reliability in harsh environments, and highly flexible mounting configurations. In every case, our entire limit switch product line can be mounted to completely custom designed brackets as well. As always, all limit switches are designed and made in the USA.
High Endurance Electro-Mechanical Limit Switches
You can combine CPI’s industrial and military grade Momentary Contact Switches and Pendant switches with any of the brackets and actuators from our E-Series line. The result is a broad line of durable, high endurance limit switches that can be completely configured for your specific applications.
Many combinations of travel parameters, roller lever mounting configurations and endurance capabilities are offered as standard products. Of course, modifications to standards and completely custom brackets and actuators are also available. All brackets are fabricated from 302 or 304 stainless steel. Likewise our actuators are made of 17-7ph stainless steel.
Limit Switch Features Include:
- Truly Waterproof switches: not “splashproof”, not “weather resistant”, waterproof.
- Meets requirements of IP68
- High temperature range and extreme environmental resistance, immune to acid and alkali solvents.
- Configurable for ultra-high electromechanical endurance of over 5 million cycles available.
- Highly configurable and customizable per mounting and actuator interface.
- Custom wire harnesses and interconnects per customer spec. Wire treatments to spec.
Thermal Limit Switches
Our Thermal limit switches cover the high temperature ranges and rapid response times needed in demanding aerospace, manufacturing, or downhole oil and gas applications to name a few. Just some of the features that set our switches apart include:
Thermal Switch Features Include:
- Highly accurate sensing from 0F to 1750F.
- Rapid response down to .5 sec.
- Dual Setpoint SPDT available
- Integral wire or solder based connection.
- All stainless steel construction.
- Comply with MIL-STD-180
- Comply with industrial standard RTCA DO-160C