CPI Waterproof Pendant Switches
Falling under the general banner of “pendant switches” are CPI’s B2 – B5 series of sealed, high endurance, momentary and maintained waterproof switches. These pendant switches are designed to be completely waterproof, and have some of the most robust operational capabilities of any switch of this type in the world. High endurance versions of this switch have demonstrated electromechanical endurance of over 1 million cycles of contact actuation without failure.
Unlike common tubular pendant switches (nursing station call buttons, etc..), CPI pendant switches have a flatter, completely sealed form that facilitates their ability to be waterproof, robust and extremely versatile.
Pendant Switches with Specifiable Electronic and Mechanical Options
Need to run up to 5A through your switch? We can do that. Want a switch that lasts virtually forever? How does 1 million active cycles sound?! Worried about the cold? Don’t be. CPI’s Santoprene switches operate down to -50F without any contact freezing.
Here are just some of the key parameters that are specifiable within the standard product line:
- Both Normally Open/Closed options available.
- Designed for immunity to high vibration environments.
- Extended Temperature Operation versions (Using Neoprene version extends low temperature range to -65F; Santoprene upper temperature to +221F)
- Lead lengths specifiable for your application
- Voltage and current ratings. Can handle up to 5A.
- Electro-mechanical endurance up to 1 million cycles.
- Sealed design is 100% waterproof and submersible (IP68).
- Tactile options can be specified for better operator feel.
- CPI pendant switches can be installed in one of dozens of mounting brackets to make machine actuated switches and sensors used worldwide in thousands of machines.
CPI Pendant Switch Manual Operations
When most people think of a pendant style switch, they think of one that is operated by hand. Here are just a few of the ways customers are using our hand actuated Pendant switches.
|Engine Start/Stop||Lift-Gate control||Push-To-Talk|
|Generator On/Off||Squib Firing||Boat Lift Control|
|Safety Light On/Off||Remote Weapons Firing||Trash Compactor Control|
|Winch Control||Horn Control||Safety light indicator on/off|
Electrical Ratings 28VDC / 120VAC 5A resistive, 3A inductive
|Endurance: (12VDC Resistive)|
|2A, 5A||100,000 cycles|
|10A, 15A||25,000 cycles|
|*Extended life versions available up to 5 million cycles. (load dependent)|
|Santoprene Seal||-40ºF to 221ºF|
|Neoprene Seal||-65°F to 165°F|
For details on most of our standard product line, see the pictures below. For military or custom applications, all electrical and mechanical parameters can be specified as a custom part by calling the factory.