Behold the simple yet much misunderstood start switch, deployed ubiquitously throughout every corner of the world, almost everywhere there is an electronic motor or actuator of some type. Simple matter of closing a couple contacts you say? Well we beg to differ because in the world of heavy duty outdoor equipment where our products excel, there is no such thing as simple.
While start switch functionality is easy to wrap one’s brain around, a start switch’s design and manufacturing will make the difference between imported commodity grade parts that fail in your application, and parts that will actually hold up under a high current, high endurance environment.
What Makes A Robust Start Switch?
For engineers looking for the higher quality solution to start switch part selection, there are a number of parameters that make a switch of this type both robust, and cost effective.
- Truly Waterproof – Outdoor applications in such industries like marine workboats, cranes and winches, work trucks, construction vehicles, generators, valve controls, etc., immunity to the surrounding hostile environment is key. And not just water, but dust, wind, sand, and pressure washing all pose a threat to the long term operation of an inferior start switch. CPI switches like our D1040 Panel Mount Plunger Switch employ a unique seal which prevents contaminant ingress during activation and over a long life. And they are truly waterproof, not just “water-resistant” or “splash proof”
- Sealed switches provide extended temperature operations. – With our proprietary sealing process our Santoprene sealed switches can operate flawlessly at both ends of the temperature spectrum, from -50F all the way to 220F without freezing up or early burn out even under heavy duty cycles. Deploying your equipment in the Artic Circle? No problem, our Neoprene switches extend the low end further, all the way down to -65F
- High Electromechanical endurance. Normal CPI switches rated at 5A of resistive load can be specified with extended life features that have allowed them to achieve five million cycles of electromechanical endurance under normal operation.
- High Current Capabilities. CPI Manufactures switch variations that can handle up to 15A of resistive load while still maintaining endurance ratings of over 25,000 cycles.
- Flexible Mounting and Electrical Options – Off the shelf parts come in a wide variety of mounting and electrical configurations with configurable lead lengths. Chances are one is right for your application without modification. We also carry switch panel mounts or you can just have us make the entire panel for you saving time and engineering headache.
The CPI Value Proposition.
If you consider the world of robust, high endurance switches, then we are without a doubt one of the most cost competitive solutions out there in production volumes. Where we make a further economic difference are all the in-warranty or mission critical repairs that you are NOT doing. Not doing because you’ve smartly specified a switch that is one of the highest performing, highest endurance designs in the world. All designed and manufactured in the USA.
Get Started With CPI Waterproof Start Switches
If you think your application is robust enough for our start switches, give us a call and we can tell you exactly what you need, and provide you samples as required. If you need a customization, we can do that, we’ve been doing it for the military and large and small industrial manufacturers for over 70 years.
Please contact our sales team at (973) 887-9400